About Me

My photo
I’m a diy, penny pinchin’, first time home owner, wife to my amazing helper of a husband, one sweet little type 1 diabetic daughter and one smart creative little boy(or should I say young man!). There isn’t a thing I won’t buy if I think I can make it myself. So I hope you enjoy my attempt to save a little money and share my attempts to make our house a home.

Shop adore:made

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Twirl skirts, a little girls dream come true

Ava took a scrap and put it on Sunny's head and said "look she's an artist dog" ;)


I make: A LOT: and I have been holding hording this polka dot fabric for something fabulous for the little miss. And wouldn't you know I had plenty of fabric and just the right amount of black elastic for this tutorial: http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-the-circle-skirt.html

In case you are wondering Ava is about a 4t and her broke down measurements according to the geometry were 3.8 inches for the waist(22+2, don't judge she's got a nice layer of baby fat;)  and 13 inches in length =) The wide elastic probably should have been longer but I used 19 inches(that's all I had left) 20" would have been great!

This was super easy because I slightly cheated and opted to only serge the edges rather then trying to fold and hem a curved line(so frustrating for me but totally do-able) and fast. Fast and easy + DIY = ME!

She is so super excited to wear it too! Oh and of course twirl for hours....it's a weird thing she does daily anyways :) This tut was easy to follow, the math yes scary but really NOT that bad and I can only imagine how much funner this would be with an additional layer....coming up next ! Thanks Danamadeit!

**Actions shots**

Check out that hot pink hair!


<3


No comments:

Post a Comment